Top Ad
I DIG Radio
www.idigradio.com
Listen live to the best music from around the world!
I DIG Style
www.idigstyle.com
Learn about the latest fashion styles and more...

Jovic to Madrid rubbished by Frankfurt chief

Written by 
Published in Soccer
Saturday, 04 May 2019 04:16

Eintracht Frankfurt sporting director Fredi Bobic has told ESPN FC there has been "no contact" with Real Madrid over the transfer of Luka Jovic.

Reports in Spain from AS had claimed that the two clubs had agreed a €60 million fee to take the Serbia international to the Bernabeu when the transfer window opens in the summer.

It would mark a huge profit for the Bundesliga side, who only last month exercised their option to sign the player permanently from Benfica for around €7m following a two-year loan.

Jovic, 21, has scored 26 goals in 44 appearances in all competitions for Frankfurt this season and has been on Madrid's radar for some time. But reports that negotiations are at an advanced stage have been rubbished by Bobic.

"There has been no contact with Real Madrid," Bobic told ESPN FC. "For once, I don't have to use a white lie, they really haven't been in touch yet. I know them very well."

Madrid representatives may already have been in contract with Jovic's agents, but there is no deal on the table until Madrid make their first moves to negotiate a fee.

Benfica will be due 20 percent of any transfer fee, and Frankfurt may look for more than the reported €60m to take full advantage of Real Madrid as Zinedine Zidane looks to completely reshape his squad.

Jovic scored Frankfurt's goal as they drew 1-1 with Chelsea in the first leg of the Europa League semifinal on Thursday, while his club are in pole position to secure a first-ever Champions League campaign as they sit fourth in the Bundesliga.

Read 3184 times

Soccer

UEFA boss: 64-team World Cup plan 'a bad idea'

UEFA boss: 64-team World Cup plan 'a bad idea'

EmailPrintOpen Extended ReactionsA push to expand the men's 2030 World Cup to 64 teams is "a bad ide...

Arsenal CB Gabriel's season over, surgery due

Arsenal CB Gabriel's season over, surgery due

EmailPrintOpen Extended ReactionsArsenal defender Gabriel Magalhães will requires surgery on his ham...

Barça win appeal, Olmo, Víctor cleared to play

Barça win appeal, Olmo, Víctor cleared to play

EmailPrintOpen Extended ReactionsSpain's sports ministry (CSD) have ruled that Dani Olmo and Pau Víc...

2026 FIFA


2028 LOS ANGELES OLYMPIC

UEFA

2024 PARIS OLYMPIC


Basketball

Sources: Maxey expected to miss rest of season

Sources: Maxey expected to miss rest of season

EmailPrintOpen Extended ReactionsPhiladelphia 76ers star Tyrese Maxey is expected to be ruled out fo...

Sources: Morant, Hield warned over finger guns

Sources: Morant, Hield warned over finger guns

EmailPrintMemphis Grizzlies guard Ja Morant and Golden State Warriors guard Buddy Hield were both is...

Baseball

O's expect Henderson to return Friday vs. Royals

O's expect Henderson to return Friday vs. Royals

EmailPrintOpen Extended ReactionsBALTIMORE -- Star shortstop Gunnar Henderson is expected to return...

St. Pete to spend $22.5M to fix Tropicana Field

St. Pete to spend $22.5M to fix Tropicana Field

EmailPrintOpen Extended ReactionsST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -- The once and possibly future home of the Ta...

Sports Leagues

  • FIFA

    Fédération Internationale de Football Association
  • NBA

    National Basketball Association
  • ATP

    Association of Tennis Professionals
  • MLB

    Major League Baseball
  • ITTF

    International Table Tennis Federation
  • NFL

    Nactional Football Leagues
  • FISB

    Federation Internationale de Speedball

About Us

I Dig® is a leading global brand that makes it more enjoyable to surf the internet, conduct transactions and access, share, and create information.  Today I Dig® attracts millions of users every month.r

 

Phone: (800) 737. 6040
Fax: (800) 825 5558
Website: www.idig.com
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Affiliated